Monday 5 October 2015

Vapour Organic

I was going to order samples of Vapour organic from Naturismo.  Then, I noticed on Vapour's company website that they offer a free Shade Consultation.  You answer a few questions and upload a picture of yourself.  A few days later you get an email recommending your ideal shade.  



My email came back recommending Atmosphere luminous Foundation in 090.  

Everywhere, I have seen Vapour foundation for sale has started with shade s100.  At first I thought the advisor had gone crazy, didn't know her product or was trying to tell me I am too pale to even register on their charts.  

However, on their website, there is in fact an s090 for the true/really pale beauties. 

Vapour offer a sample service where you can order 5 samples for $15, plus $5 shipping.  This is over £13 just for a few samples with enough product to try once or twice.  Seems a bit steep for me. 

I started searching the web and found a fantastic store in London who stock shade 090 and do a sample service.  

Content allow you to request 4 samples of any product they sell (there are a few restrictions) for the amazing price of £3 and free shipping!  I was chuffed. I ordered the concealer in s000 and both foundations in s090 and the skin perfector from www.beingcontent.com 

It was east identifying which shade of concealer to order based on my foundation shade using their guide. 



My order arrived quickly and I could tell instantly that they were lighter than others.  I was excited that finally if found a true pale shade match. 

The samples were in similar pots to those I am accustomed to from Naturismo and the amounts given are good.  



I was invited on a night out and tried the concealer with my Lily Lolo foundation and it looked great.  That's why it looks used in the picture. 

Here is a search on my wrist.  It's hard to see because the match is so good.  


From left to right, illusionist concealer, luminous foundation, soft focus foundation.

After a bad experience with Bobbi Brown's stick foundation (very dry and streaky), I was swaying towards the liquid pump foundation despite being recommended the stick.  After trying both, I actually do prefer the stick.  It felt smooth and creamy.  I absolutely love  the concealer.  

ATMOSPHERE LUMINOUS FOUNDATION (£37 at Content) 
Suitable for normal, dry and mature skin. Moisturises and gives a light to medium, dewy finnish.

ATMOSPHERE SOFT FOCUS FOUNDATION (£43 at Content) 


Suitable for combination to oily skin.  Medium to full coverage with a satin finish.  

ILLUSIONIST CONCEALER (£22 at Content) 
This is a highly pigmented concealer to hide flaws and brighten under eye.  It's moisturising and has anti inflammatory ingredients.  It is easily blended with your finger.  

VERDICT 
Come pay day, I will be ordering this concealer.  

I was super close to having the luminous foundation on my must have list.  The product feels great and the colour melts into my skin but... During my next review you will learn what topped it.

I will review the Straus Soft Focus Instant Skin Perfector s902 another day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment