Tuesday 11 June 2019

Jewel of the Sea – Chapter 27

As I get closer to releasing the ending on Wattpad, I get more nervous.  I have put a lot of time and effort into my novel (I’m talking years) and I really want people to enjoy it.  

Originally the ending was the new midpoint.  My early version left ended on a cliff hanger as I wished to my readers wanting the next novel.  But, then I realised that is really unfair on my readers. 

So, I cut a lot and added a lot to make a new ending.  But, I still wasn’t pleased with the new ending.  It fell flat from how I saw it in my head.

I will confess, I do struggle with endings.  I don’t like saying goodbye to my characters.  But, I rewrote the ending and it is so much better.  I pray my readers feel the same. 

The new version is a whole story – no cliff hanger ending.  I have hidden elements within the novel to enable me to write a sequel for those that wanting more.  My plan is that by delivering a good debut that keeps its promises, my readers will want more and they will become fans.

How many times have you changed the ending of your novel?  Have you read a good novel that was spoiled by a poor ending?

Click here to read chapter 27

If you enjoyed this chapter, you may like:

Jewel of the Sea – Chapter 26

Jewel of the Sea – Chapter 25

My best kept writing secret of last year (Happily Ever Author)

A Group For Writers with a Side Hustle

  if_twitter-01-01_3066980  if_instagram-01-01_3066990  if_youtube-01-01_3066976  if_g-01-01_3066962

Ally plus text

Advertisements


from WordPress http://bit.ly/2Kccswh

No comments:

Post a Comment