Tuesday 31 March 2020

Are you taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo (April 2020)?

About Me

Anyone else find it hard to write about themselves? It’s crazy considering nobody knows me as well as I do.

My author card from World Indie Warriors brochure

I’ve written lots of my own author bios but they feel prescriptive and miss that raw personal depth of a genuine connection. But, here I go:

Felixstowe is a small coastal town where friendships forged are forever. My girls from high school are now my girls on Whatsapp. After my parents divorce I was reluctant to commit to anyone. Rob was my friend and I didn’t notice I was falling in love with him until I was head over heels. A friends to lovers romance is complicated but we did it. Now we’re married with two beautiful children.

My Camp NaNo Project

IG Pic to share my Twitter PitMad pitch

I’ve been working on this novel for ten years and since deciding to self publish life has seriously got in the way.

First, my car managed to get three fines for ridiculous parking rules. These unexpected costs meant money was tight. I questioned if I could afford to invest in my dream? But, Pagan Malcom’s motivational talks on her Facebook group, Paperback Kingdom, challenged me to think, “Could I afford NOT to invest in my dream?”

I started the year with a bad cold, then I got a sick bug. Then I heard about C-19 and been dodging it like it’s the plague. Now we are in lockdown.

I’ve always been an advocate for home-working but this is not how I pictured it. I’m not going to lie, juggling home schooling, caring for a one year old and working from home is exhausting!

Is the universe testing me to see how badly I want this? Well universe, I may have slowed down but I have not stopped. This April, I am going to do Camp NaNo!

Camp NaNo Goal

I’ve set my goal to edit Ocean Heart in full (85k words). I doubt I can achieve that in a month but I’m going to try my damn hardest. Anything I can do to get back on track with my goal to publish by this summer is vital.

You can read more about Ocean Heart on my home page.

You can find me on NaNoWriMo as Redfae, but for this challenge I am team World Indie Warriors. They are supporting ‘campers’ on their Facebook page and have an IG chat group. Already they are getting me hyped to take on this challenge and I can’t wait to see what we achieve.

If you enjoyed this, you will like:

Boost My Bio

About Me

Creating a Catchy Novel Title

Camp NaNo July 2019



from WordPress https://ift.tt/33ZkrDV

No comments:

Post a Comment