As a result, I'm considering my options. Here are the sites I shall be reviewing. They are listed in the order I have ranked them:
- Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/home
- Figment: http://figment.com/
- Movella: http://www.movellas.com/
- WeBook: http://www.webook.com/
- Swoon Reads: https://swoonreads.com/
- Opuss: http://opuss.com/home/
- Sribophile: http://www.scribophile.com
None or these sites require you to pay a fee to use. However, some have a fee for certain features (i.e. WeBook and Scribophile).
Swoon Reads isn't actually a social site for writers but when I come to write my review you will understand why it is listed.
One day, I'd love to create my own writing site. I'd take all my favourite bits from these sites add them together with some of my own ideas and make a site everyone can enjoy. I'm so pleased these sites are out there but I can see so many opportunities to take the concept further. If only I had the know how...
As for the full review of the above listed sites... I plan to post one each day. Let me know your favourite writing sites - Do you enjoy the above or have I missed any. I'm also happy to discover new ones.