Thursday 7 November 2019

NaNoWriMo Diary – Week 1 (November 2019)

Fri, 1 Nov 

This morning my mum had Aria but I wasn’t free as I was busy having a check up at the hospital.  I tried to jump on the computer to get some writing done before Aria was returned to me but by the time the housework was done, she was home.

I was worried I was never going to get to write today but once the kids were sound asleep I wrote an impressive 2,280 words before heading to bed to enjoy Crown of Conspiracy.

Sat, 2 Nov

My husband let me have a lay in today, except… I didn’t sleep. I was on my mobile making a start on my next chapter and almost got the first 1k done. Great start to the day.

Aria went down for a good nap this afternoon and I stole the opportunity to get writing. My word count is almost at the 2k mark.

I struggled to get the kids to sleep but I wasn’t too worried because of the steady progress I had made throughout the day. Once Aria gave in and went to sleep, I wrote some more but decided to go and read in bed instead of burning myself out too early in Nanowrimo.

I’m very pleased wit my 3,012 words today. I think this will be the daily count to beat.

Sun, 3 Nov

I didn’t have the best start today.  Aria decided not to nap and then one of my cats had a seizure.

Evie used to have seizures as a kitten and they thought she had epilepsy but the drugs she’d take would make her drowsy. As she was young and they weren’t often, the vet suggested we see if she grows out of it and she did. She’s been fine for about 7 or 8 years, possibly more. She’s fine now the episode has passed but I’ll take her to the vets tomorrow for a check up.

I was feeling sad about Evie, exhausted because I hadn’t had a break and in no mood to write. But after dinner, Jodie held a spontaneous writing sprint on Facebook. I decided to join in and after three 5 minute sprints, I had my first 700 words of the day. I ended on a cliff hanger. It got me back in the saddle and realised I can do this!

The kids went to bed well and I finished day 3 adding 1975 words.

Mon, 4 Nov

 First job of the day was to book my cat into the vets. The health of my family (including my fur babies) will always take priority over my writing. It was only recently I realised that that rule should apply time too. Recently, I’ve also been making sure I’m taking care of myself too. Evie is booked in for 12:10.

The vet was lovely. She checked Evie over and took her bloods. Then went over how to care for Evie whilst having a seizure and when to bring her in as an emergency. I had a little cry when I got home as I’m worried about her but we’ll get the results on Wednesday.

Aria napped and I wrote 600ish words.

I was supposed to host the live write-in on World Indie Warriors Facebook page. Moments before I was due to go online Evis had another seizure. I was moving furniture to keep her safe, then sitting with her whilst she came around and I totally forgot about going live. Thankfully Michelle Raab jumped to the rescue and hosted the session (with a little support from Jodie, her son and a microwave). After the evenings events I just didn’t feel like writing.

Tue,  5 Nov

 We had an awful night where Aria was very unsettled. I was up every hour and then had an early start for a long day at work.

Work kept me busy and at lunch I went into town with my colleagues. When I came home I was busy with this kids as my husband nipped out for his dads birthday. Aria didn’t want to go to bed but after two bottles of milk she gave in to her weary eyes.

Then I was free to write but I hadn’t seen Evie all day. I found her hiding behind the sofa and wondered if she’d been scared by the fireworks or had another episode. I coaxed her out with her dinner then spent the evening snuggling on the sofa.

Wed,  6 Nov

 Today was my short day at work but as soon as I was done I had my kids.

The vet rang to say the blood tests found nothing wrong with Evie. We discussed what to do next. They could do a scan but whether this finds something or not, the outcome will be to prescribed the same meds and this unfortunately is a trial and error thing to find the meds that work for her. We decided to go straight for the drugs and pick them up tomorrow.

Evie’s seizures have got worst. I think worrying about her is wearing me out even though I don’t feel like I’m thinking about it. I didn’t feel up to writing but wary that I am falling behind.

I sat at the computer and managed to write nearly 2k and posted it onto Wattpad.

Thurs, 7  Nov

Today, is my birthday!

There was a mad rush to drop off the kids and then my husband and I attended a spa for a day of relaxation. It was just what we needed. I made great progress reading my book.

When I got home I opened my cards and text & called people to say thank you.

I don’t know why but relaxing wears me out.I’m shattered. All I did this evening was check in on social media where I discovered some writer friends had shared my pics to help people discover me and my blog. They are good to me.

Week one total

The first week is done and my grand total is: 9,921 words.

To be on track I need to have reached 11,666 so I am a little behind.

Check back next Thursday to see my progress.

If you liked this, then you will enjoy:

What to watch – Shows with writers in

Book Review: Duet Rubato

Why I Love World Indie Warriors

Have you finished your novel? What is next?

Click My Link Tree To Connect On Social MediaClick My Link Tree
To Connect On Social Media


from WordPress https://ift.tt/34GYPeB

No comments:

Post a Comment