Monday 3 February 2020

Book Review: Crown of Conspiracy by Kara S Weaver

I bought this book because I fell in love with the cover. It is stunning. I also have gotten to know the author who is lovely.

View this post on Instagram

I am currently reading Crown of Conspiracy by Kara S Weaver @kara_s_weaver . It accompanied me on holiday and has been one of my major distractions during #nanowrimo2019 💜 I've loved books and writing for as long as I can remember. My heart belongs to Fantasy. To be published is my forever dream and I’ve queried literary agents & publishers for years. Through @worldindiewarriors I’ve connected with a group of amazing self published authors. They’ve helped me realised I can take control of my own destiny. With their support and encouragement, I am now actively working towards getting my 86k words ready to publish. For my birthday, I achieved one of the first steps; I am finally getting an editor at long last. 💜 #inspirelit @daughterofsceva • • #passion #writing #reading #NationalLifeWritingMonth #NationalNovelWriting #literaryart #booklover #writerslife #bookstagtam #happynovember #writersunite #connectingwriters #writers #callingallwriters #callingallauthors #authorsconnect #writersnetwork #AuthorsOfInstagram #SupportWriters #SupportAuthors #writerstrong #indieauthors #worldindiewarriors #selfpublishing #crownofconspiracy #me #redhead #redheadlife

A post shared by Author Ally Aldridge (@redfae) on

Beginning

The book starts with a short prologue that helps to set the world building. It introduces the way the royal family is set up and religious belief system with the gods. Instantly you know that this is another world.

The first chapter jumps in with action and quickly introduces the main characters and their personality. We quickly get a sense of Shalitha’s free spirit and how she feels constrained by the rules in place to protect her. I loved the start so much. The way it was written was so vivid, I could see it in my head playing out like a movie.

Middle

A lot happens in this novel. There are loads of plot twists throwing in things I hadn’t anticipated me. Watching the conspiracies unravel, kept me turning the page to the end.

I won’t give too much away but there are lots of people conspiring against the crown. One traitor manages to capture Shalitha and things get quite dark. This was really well written and I felt her pain, desperation and fear.

Don’t worry, Shalitha is no dainty princess. She trains alongside the palace guards and knows her own mind. It is her feisty spirit that often gets her injured but without it she would probably be dead.

The best part of the middle is the slow burning romance between Shalitha and Talnova. Due to their positions in the palace they both have to take care. It makes their actions believable and I was rooting for them all the way.

The Ending

If you are hoping for a big battle, you have got it. It didn’t end how I expected though and left me needing the next book.

Final Thoughts

I need to read the next book in the series (hurry up Kara). For some reason I thought the book would have more magic than it does. It is really well written and there are lots of good plots within this story. This novel is not predictable and well worth a read.

If you like this post, you will enjoy:

Book Review: Red Queen

Book Review:  Blind Tiger by Rachel Vincent

Book Review: Who runs the world by Virginia Bergolt

Book Review: The Gender Game


Click my Link Tree to discover more ways to follow me

@Redfae


 

 

 

 



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2OkVJXO

No comments:

Post a Comment