Thursday 18 June 2020

Alice in Wonderland Afternoon Tea

There are simple pleasures we all miss during lockdown, things we took for granted. I enjoyed taking my kids out and meeting up with friends for play dates. Sometimes, I go to a cafe and treat myself to tea and cake. And, the best tea and cake is afternoon tea.

Afternoon Tea

“Traditional afternoon tea consists of a selection of dainty sandwiches (including of course thinly sliced cucumber sandwiches), scones served with clotted cream and preserves. Cakes and pastries are also served. Tea grown in India or Ceylon is poured from silver tea pots into delicate bone china cups.” Historic-UK.com

Traditionally it’s eaten between lunch and dinner (between 4pm and 8pm), and it’s not to replace a meal… but, in my hometown, it’s quite acceptable to eat it for lunch.

Alice in Wonderland Themed

I’m a sucker for Alice in Wonderland. I haven’t even read the book (sorry), I just love the quirkinesses and the quotes. With the Mad Hatter tea party, it’s the perfect theme for afternoon tea…

So, when my friend sent me a link to a local cafe doing home delivered afternoon tea, Alice in Wonderland themed…

How could I resist?

And, it’s supporting a local business, one that sells cake and tea.

At £25 per person, it was a good price for afternoon tea which is a rather indulgent experience. But, I hesitated… How big would the portions be?

Delivered Afternoon Tea

I needn’t have worried! I’d bought two, one each for my husband and I, and to share ours with the kids. The generous helpings meant we were eating cakes for days.

But, that wasn’t all…

Check out this picture of all the beautiful touches the cafe did to make this afternoon tea so special.

If you enjoyed this, you’d like:

Alice in Wonderland 1st Birthday

Felixstowe Book Festival – Children’s Events

Children’s Picture Book Publishing

Afternoon Tea Planner Meet



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3hLdLQr

No comments:

Post a Comment