Monday 7 October 2019

My plans for the fourth quarter

You may have caught my previous post where I reflected on my progress so far this year towards my annual goal. As we enter into Autumn, I am evaluating where I am at and setting myself some new goals for the next quarter.

Social Media

Blog (Word Press):  I have enough post ideas to post twice a week but my new plan is to plan posts a month ahead and if I only have enough for one post a week, I’ll be happy.

Instagram:  Continue engaging with my new connections.  October, I am taking part in a photo prompt challenge and will be aiming to post once a day.  However in August, I trialled three posts a week and this was easy to maintain.  I think this is something I will be moving towards.

Twitter:  I still share content to Twitter and get involved in Twitter events but it isn’t my main social platform.  I’ll continue in this manner.

Facebook page:  Currently, this is not my main focus. I share content here. I think when I publish, I will use this platform for giveaways and live chats, etc.  

YouTube: It’s not only plucking up the courage to go infront of the camera but also to find the time and correct conditions (not exhausted or surrounded by kids).  Until my life calms down, this is being shelved. 

Tumblr: Share Instagram and Word Press content to this platform.

Writing

Jewel of the Sea:  Use feedback from Beta’s to improve novel.  Complete Willow Editing’s course and use what I learn to improve Jewel of the Sea.  Whilst saving for an editor, find out more about self publishing.  Query agents that show an interest.

Diamond in the Sky: Re-plot novel, edit existing version and write ending.  There’s a lot to write so I will be working on this for NaNoWriMo.

Tinsel Tiger: Research Literary Agents/Publishers of picture books and consider querying.

Personal

Read six or more books:  I’ve hit my goal of six books but I will continue to read more.

Self care:  Sadly, I’ve neglected myself. I think I would love to have a spa day, get my nails done, get my eye lashes done, maybe use a face mask.  Surely this can be achieve within the next three months.  

Development

Willow Editing:  I am so lucky that Willow Editing has given me access to her editing course.  I really struggle with editing as I’m not confident in my use of English Language and the more I think ‘is that right?’ the more I second guess myself.  

Resource book:  During the last quarter, my goal was to buy another resource and I failed.  So, this time I will set:  Buy two resource books on writing!

What are your goals?

I shall review these again at the end of December.  I often feel like I haven’t achieved much until I acknowledge what I have managed to do.  Will you be setting any goals?

If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy:

My plans for the third quarter

#BoostMyBio for Pitch Wars 2019

Book Review: Save the Cat – Writes a Novel

My Books

Click My Link Tree To Connect On Social Media
Click My Link Tree
To Connect On Social Media

  if_twitter-01-01_3066980  if_instagram-01-01_3066990  if_youtube-01-01_3066976  if_g-01-01_3066962

Ally plus text

Advertisements


from WordPress https://ift.tt/2Vm0zGx

No comments:

Post a Comment