Monday 21 October 2019

NaNoWriMo Preparations

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.” Sudden Death by Rita Mae Brown

50k words in 30 days!

I’ve never achieved it.  If that makes me insane to keep trying then I will happily own it.  I believe all writers are a little crazy.  Who wouldn’t be with the powers of creation at their fingertips.

I also refuse to give up on my dream.  Even if I don’t make 50k in 30 days, I will still have made progress on my project.  I call it tenacity rather than insanity.  I’m forever hopeful.  My hope won’t allow me to give up.

Doing things differently

Okay, perhaps, I’m not doing things exactly the same as before.  I do try to learn from my mistakes.  Every year, I decide I will plot and plan in October but often cram in any preparation in the last week, day or not at all, like some terrible exam I forgot about.

This year, I started preparing in September!

Together with my trusty plotting partner, Save The Cat, I managed to figure out all the beats from start to finish.  I have some characters I need to flesh out a bit – they don’t even have names yet!  But, I am feeling much more prepared for this than ever before.

My project!

For NaNoWriMo 2019, I am going to work on finishing Diamond in the Sky.

diamond-in-the-sky-cover-and-blurb

The blurb (above) and cover needs a little work as it says nothing about the theme of the novel.  The theme is about learning to love yourself and not needing validation from others.  Kya starts off feeling obliged to do things her friends tell her she should be doing, she feels like she needs a boyfriend to be attractive. Over the course of a few paranormal events, deaths and more than one romance, Kya discovers herself.  Well, that’s my goal.

Wish me luck…

If you would like to follow my progress on NaNo and be buddies, you can add me.  My username is Redfae and you can read my stories on Wattpad.

Going Live

In addition, tonight, Monday, 21 October 2019 at 9pm (GMT), I will be going live on Instagram.  Please join me

I’ll be chatting with Jodie Groom about what World Indie Warriors will be doing for NaNoWriMo, such as live write-ins and how we can all support each other.  I’m a little nervous as I’ve never done anything like this before.  


If you enjoyed this, you will enjoy:

Reflecting on Camp NaNo July 2019

Book Review: Save the Cat – Writes a Novel

Tips on naming your character

NaNo Progress Diary (the end) – NaNoWriMo 2018


Click my Link Tree to discover more ways to follow me

@Redfae


 

Click My Link Tree To Connect On Social Media
Click My Link Tree
To Connect On Social Media


from WordPress https://ift.tt/35KqJro

No comments:

Post a Comment