Thursday 2 January 2020

My plans for 2020

You may have caught my last post of 2019 where I reflected on how last year went. As I welcome in the new year it’s time to set new goals. Oh my, some of these are big!

I’m always looking for ways to improve myself and to start the year I am changing up how I set goals.

Publishing – Jewel of the Sea

This is the big project of 2020.  I have no idea how long things will take me as I have no benchmark to compare it to.  I’ve set these deadlines to help keep my on track but I will need to check progress often to adjust deadlines as I figure out what is realistic.

Here is my rough outline of all the different things that need to happen if I want to release my book by June.  I have a feeling that these goals are rather ambitious but there is no harm in trying.  

Publish Novel info graphic
JOTS = Jewel of the Sea; DITS = Diamond in the Sky

General Writing Goals

Here are my everyday writing goals. 

social media 2nd

Social Media

Blog (Word Press):  Aim to post once or twice a week.  

Instagram:  Aim to post to feed every other day.

Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr:  Continue to share links to my content on these platforms.

News letter:  Aim to send out my newsletter at least once every other month.

Writing 2nd

Writing

Jewel of the Sea: Aim to publish my novel by June.  See info graphic that breaks down activities required to achieve this.

Diamond in the Sky: Finish writing first draft in full.  Start editing. 

Festivals:  Attend festivals:

  • London Book Fair
  • Felixstowe Book Festival
  • YALC
  • Bradford UK Indie Lit Fest 
  • MK Lit Fest
  • Wow-Con

World Indie Warriors:  Continue to be part of this awesome group.  I loved making their brochure and if they’d allow me to do this again, I would love to do this.  

Personal 2nd

Personal

Crafts: Make time at least once a week:

  • Planner:  try different methods of managing my time and goals to find a method that works for me
  • Pocket letter:  write another pocket letter
  • Scrapbook:  Do at least one page
  • Crochet:  Finish Aria’s blanket… I know, I feel awful that I haven’t finished it yet.  I just need to tuck in the loose ends.

Read more:  Last year I set the bar low at only 6 books.  This year, I am going to double it and aim for 12 books.  I know that isn’t many to some people but with everything else I have planned… I have got to be realistic.  

Development 2nd Set

Development

Editing course:  Complete the Self Editing course provided by Willow Editing

Resource book:  Buy and read a book to develop my writing craft.  

What are your goals?

I shall review these throughout the year.  I will likely need to check in on my big goal every month but the general goals I’ll do once every three months.  

If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy:

Suffolk UKPA Meet

World Indie Warriors Brochure

How was NaNoWriMo 2019

I got to tour Ingram Spark’s print facility


To discover more ways to connect with me, please click my link tree

@Redfae

  if_twitter-01-01_3066980  if_instagram-01-01_3066990  if_youtube-01-01_3066976  if_g-01-01_3066962

Ally plus text



from WordPress https://ift.tt/35mpJbO

No comments:

Post a Comment